BATTLE CLUB
Please log in Battler!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BATTLE CLUB
Please log in Battler!
BATTLE CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FoW Interest

5 posters

Go down

FoW Interest Empty FoW Interest

Post  KingJames88 Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:28 pm

I would like to create a small unofficial list of anyone interested in Flames of War just so we can have a general idea. Thanks.

James
KingJames88
KingJames88
Sgt. at Arms

Back to top Go down

FoW Interest Empty Re: FoW Interest

Post  Panzer Bill Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:30 pm

From what I know Nino and the other James are interested. I am in 100% All sorts of German goodness!
Panzer Bill
Panzer Bill
Admin

https://battle-club.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

FoW Interest Empty I'm down 100%

Post  arkayndred Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:47 pm

I'm Nino's friend Mike...I'm so into it it's bleeding from my ears. I'm painting an American Infantry company. I have the infantry company, three shermans, airborne rangers company and m10 platoon. I'm working on getting more stuff (as ebay permits...and my wife) But I'm pyched. I'm a slow painter and after three weeks I only have about 40 soldiers painted, but I'm persistant and should have a 600 point force in two to three weeks more. I do have the rules memoriezed (I re-read them every day or so) and am looking for an American WW2 helmet to wear at the battles, so zeal is on my side as well. Anyway if you haven't figured it out I'm really into it.

arkayndred
Young Blood

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain Kneeno Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:14 pm

AHHH! Mike you crazy bastard!! Welcome aboard!! FOW to you!!
Captain Kneeno
Captain Kneeno
Young Blood

http://www.thefiendhouse.com

Back to top Go down

Post  KingJames88 Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:55 pm

I'm glad to see what Mike. I would like to ask which rule book you would be making your army list from. Currently, Bill and myself both have "Mid War" armies from those supplements, and from the sound of what you have so far, seems you have a mid war company as well, from the Afrika book? If you've been building a late war list, everything you chose I think is compatible in mid war as well. One more note of caution, if you have been buying things without consulting an army list be careful as lots of things are late war only or only available for certain companies.

James
KingJames88
KingJames88
Sgt. at Arms

Back to top Go down

FoW Interest Empty yeah I been late war building

Post  arkayndred Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:06 am

have the late war book because the store out by me is doing late war...guess I'll have to build a mid-war one as well...np.

arkayndred
Young Blood

Back to top Go down

FoW Interest Empty Scored on ebay....

Post  arkayndred Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:09 pm

picked up 29th infantry dice, 3 jeeps and an artillery staff for 22.00$

Hoping to lock down an artillery platoon, another infantry company and a sherman company for around 80 bucks then ill have enough to tangle with Bill and James' Germans!!!! Off to do some more painting talk soon!!!

Mike

arkayndred
Young Blood

Back to top Go down

Post  KingJames88 Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:15 pm

Nice deal, but I'm curious as to what you will be using the jeeps for?
KingJames88
KingJames88
Sgt. at Arms

Back to top Go down

Post  Sal Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:56 am

Damn you guys, you are starting to get me interested in FoW now!
Bill has been trying to get me into this game for ages.
I don't have enough time though for another game, let alone starting a whole new scale and painting up new armies... I barely have time to run the Mordheim campaign!!!
It does get me all jealous though to see that there's so much excitement. I have never seen anyone show up in a helmet to any of my games.

Sal
Young Blood

Back to top Go down

Post  KingJames88 Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:59 pm

Well it's only natural for you to be interested in such a great game. It's only a matter of time before you cave in, you just gotta see some models and a game and it won't be long after that.

James
KingJames88
KingJames88
Sgt. at Arms

Back to top Go down

Post  arkayndred Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:17 pm

Hey James those jeeps are for Recon teams as well as several others...a battle is won or lost due to intel...Hey Sal come on board. WW2 welcomes you. James when do you think we could get a battle going...some skirmishes to kick things off and work out the wrinkles?

arkayndred
Young Blood

Back to top Go down

Post  KingJames88 Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:32 pm

I see. I need to better familiarize myself with what US companies can take what. I played against a kid in the past that thought any company could take anything from the army, and I didn't catch it until after a few games. I'm available a lot of the time, the only problem is we can't play the game in grasshoppers, and from what I gather about where you live it may be hard for me to get all the way out there for a game because of the extra time driving.

James
KingJames88
KingJames88
Sgt. at Arms

Back to top Go down

Post  arkayndred Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:36 pm

Recon in late war (dont know if its different from mid) can take three regular jeeps and one with a 50. cal. We'll have to work it out...I'm out at deer park till the end of the month...

arkayndred
Young Blood

Back to top Go down

Post  KingJames88 Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:48 pm

Good news everyone. I have gotten my Fortress Europe book in the mail so I can start to conver my force over to a lte war one, it's just going to take me a little while.

James
KingJames88
KingJames88
Sgt. at Arms

Back to top Go down

Post  arkayndred Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:28 pm

nice...I'm fine with doing mid war because essentially nothing changes for me. So we can start in mid war and build to late.

arkayndred
Young Blood

Back to top Go down

Post  KingJames88 Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:51 pm

I appreciate that. There's a bunch of stuff I have, even an entire platoon that I wouldn't be able to use in late war, and s few other things that I could technically use but are so weak I wouldn't bother, so I would hate having to have all this stuff go to waste. By the way, what type of company exactly are you fielding, is it regular rifle company, armored, parachute, rangers or something else? Also I see you can pick Normandy style (cheaper but less experience) or Italy (more expensive but better experienced). Which of those have you decided?

James
KingJames88
KingJames88
Sgt. at Arms

Back to top Go down

Post  arkayndred Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:00 pm

American rifle company (though I'm also building a tank company for multi-company battles) Normandy style for late war. I'm going to base it off large Rifle companies (3) with tons of artillery (Napolean esc) with a smatter of extras. as far as mid goes I dont have the book so it will be similar with more motars. I'm off to paint again!

arkayndred
Young Blood

Back to top Go down

Post  Panzer Bill Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:41 am

yeah. or we can run both! mouhahaha. Yeah, the US is lucky. Other than uniforms and some vehicles, its the same pretty much.

As for Germans, you can always use the mid wars guys as late war, you just have to "pretend". cheers
Panzer Bill
Panzer Bill
Admin

https://battle-club.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  KingJames88 Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:34 am

Yes im going to just almost everything I have for late war. it's just a little harder for grenadiers than other German companies because of a few platoons either being smaller, or built slightly different. I have an order that I'm ready to purchase soon that will give me enough to be happy with a 1500 point late war list, at least again an infantry company anyway. I still need some PaKs eventually.
KingJames88
KingJames88
Sgt. at Arms

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum