BATTLE CLUB
Please log in Battler!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BATTLE CLUB
Please log in Battler!
BATTLE CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

About Gaming Locations

5 posters

Go down

About Gaming Locations Empty About Gaming Locations

Post  KingJames88 Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:46 pm

I was just curious who, out of the group of us here, would prefer to not play at grasshoppers because of the obvious reasons. Obviously for people that have tables in their homes, they would much rather have a game at their home rather than at a store. The reason I ask is for the fact that I do not have a table and would have to go to the store if I wanted to play against someone (that doesn't already have a table and have me going over there for the game) and I would hate for that to be a factor in determining who I play against, being that some others don't have tables as well.

Unless of course Bill wants to rent out his war room Very Happy

James
KingJames88
KingJames88
Sgt. at Arms

Back to top Go down

About Gaming Locations Empty Re: About Gaming Locations

Post  Panzer Bill Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:35 pm

I have no problem playing at Ghop if that was a preplanned game and I had time to go there. As Kurt saw today, its VERY hard to get away 100% from the tribe...it's just easier to do the daddy duty and game all at once, though I'm sure it was a tad stressfull for Kurt today....rare emergency though. Sorry Kurt.
Panzer Bill
Panzer Bill
Admin

https://battle-club.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  KingJames88 Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:10 am

Well I wouldn't blame you for not wanting to play there after setting up a spot in your own home, with the time and effort and money and what not invested, as well as having the comforts of home while being around if necessary. I was just concerned that I may never get to play against someone if they didn't have their own place and also didn't want to play at grasshoppers.
KingJames88
KingJames88
Sgt. at Arms

Back to top Go down

Post  Vazanar Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:57 am

Timing is always tough. Getting a game in at ghop requires the weekend or knowing john/Dan will stay open late. Few people can get there before 6 on a workday. Also you tend to want to avoid other games event days.
However they have flames terrain, and if you don't have another location use it. I just like not needing to end a game early cause people (myself included) got there late (traffic), need dinner, and the stores closing. (Plus for me I need to wait around an hour or two)
Plus space and beer is always fun.

Is anyone at the store playing?
Vazanar
Vazanar
Worrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Panzer Bill Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:48 pm

BEER! wooooot! cant get that at Ghop!
Panzer Bill
Panzer Bill
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  KingJames88 Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:24 pm

I'm not too sure if anyone is playing. I usually only go if i can arrange a game, otherwise I don't usually make the trip. I should go one day and at least see if there's any interest outside of the people here, but I think nobody sees the game being played so do not take an interest.

James
KingJames88
KingJames88
Sgt. at Arms

Back to top Go down

Post  Panzer Bill Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:54 pm

No but there is hero clicks and card games galour! mmmmmm.....NOT!
Panzer Bill
Panzer Bill
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  HorusReborn Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:04 am

I'm going to say this not to rain on John or Dan, but Mark's Comics in Valley Stream is carrying the full line of FOW at a discounted price... plus the more you game there and you get to know everyone you'll soon see that it's easy to set up a game (and maybe a bigger discount). I started going there because a) it's cheaper and b) there's always a table to get a game going except on friday night magic... heh. Anyway I've got myself a considerable Kraut force now and have only played one game while trying to figure out the rules and the like, so if I'm free I'm more than willing to chew up some turf!
HorusReborn
HorusReborn
Young Blood

Back to top Go down

Post  KingJames88 Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:14 am

Thanks for the heads up, I had no idea of this place until now.

James
KingJames88
KingJames88
Sgt. at Arms

Back to top Go down

About Gaming Locations Empty Mark's

Post  Sal Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:16 am

Hey,
Do you guys remember that guy Rick who used to come around GHOP to play WHFB? I actually ran into him at the miniatures convention at the Freeport Rec Center a few months back. He mentioned this place Mark's to me, and it was the first time I had heard of it.

Now that I am hearing about it again, I am very curious to check it out! Do they carry warhammer stuff as well, and just curious - what kind of discount are we talking about? Is it cheaper than or comparable to the warstore? If so I can't see any reason to order online and pay shipping! This could be a good thing...

Sal
Young Blood

Back to top Go down

Post  Panzer Bill Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:52 am

I think they do carry GW if I remember James telling me. Too bad John doesnt offer the discounts, perhaps someone should drop a mystery email to him from an unknown email and tell him, maybe he will start and stop being so expensive, especially to him good customers.

Found this on the NET....

http://local.yahoo.com/info-11440050-mark-s-comics-collectibles-valley-stream

I went to the google map and realized that I pass close by this place all the time and didnt even know it! I think its a little shit hole, no? Or am i confusing it with some other store?

Found a picture on Facebook...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=4465058&id=200305380294
Panzer Bill
Panzer Bill
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  KingJames88 Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:21 pm

Yes now that I think of it Rick has mentioned that place. He has a German company and a Soviet Battalion by the way.

James
KingJames88
KingJames88
Sgt. at Arms

Back to top Go down

Post  Panzer Bill Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:14 pm

Rick in an "interesting" guy.

Speaking of Soviet stuff. I was thinking of a soviet IS-2 company backed up with a platoon of Stalin's Organs and some SMG infantry....7-9 IS-2 !!! Sweet, plus the arty and infanty to support them. BUT, this is WAY in the future as my unfinished Germans, US Parars and infantry and Greek 3d Mountain are all waiting in line to finish.
It is the SMALLEST Soviet Army I could find and the IS-2 do not suffer from Hen and Chicks! Its in the Stalin's Onslaught book.
Panzer Bill
Panzer Bill
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  HorusReborn Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:10 pm

Marks does carry the full line of GW stuff too and run regular tourneys each month! If I remember right the GW discount is 20% and the Flames is 10% which is the max Battlefront allows shops to give! He's trying to compete with Ebay
HorusReborn
HorusReborn
Young Blood

Back to top Go down

Post  Panzer Bill Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:47 pm

James,

You get a commission from Mark or something? ha. I went by there the other day to see this place. Mark is a very nice guy. He has TONS of GW stuff, but his FOW stuff is same as John. Other than the 10% off, its the same. BUT, its a hole and a dump. If people think Grasshoppers is small or tite for space, then this place is tiny!
Panzer Bill
Panzer Bill
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  KingJames88 Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:08 pm

I'll take on that IS2 list any day you just let me know in the next few years when its ready.
I still have to pass by this Mark's place and check it out one day.

James
KingJames88
KingJames88
Sgt. at Arms

Back to top Go down

Post  HorusReborn Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:11 am

HAHA Bill no no commissions... I guess I just prefer the "dump" You are right it's a tad dumpy, but it's not THAT small... LOL But bill honestly saving money is in for me sooooo ya know...
HorusReborn
HorusReborn
Young Blood

Back to top Go down

Post  Panzer Bill Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:05 pm

the 10% isnt much on the fow for single small purchases to drive out there, but in bulk it adds up! 20% on gw is sweet.
Panzer Bill
Panzer Bill
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down