BATTLE CLUB
Please log in Battler!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BATTLE CLUB
Please log in Battler!
BATTLE CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First Club games

3 posters

Go down

First Club games Empty First Club games

Post  Sal Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:59 am

OK So we got our first club games in this weekend...

Nino - Dwarves
Sal - Orcs
Scott - Carnival of Chaos
Greg - Skaven

The Dwarves and Skaven played a couple of quick games, the first one being a breakthrough where the poor dwarves had to try to stop the speedy skaven from exiting the board. Good luck!

The Orcs faced off against some witchhunters, but trounced them so badly (no thanks to a Troll that refused to get involved) that Scott ended up changing his warband to Chaos after game 1 (lost 2 heros... ouch).

An epic battle beween a Troll Slayer and a Troll in the following game ended in my favor after some nail-biting... It was quite a tense little combat, as some hedges and walls were perfectly placed so that the Troll had to face the Slayer all by his lonesome while his Boss looked on. Regeneration rocks.

Finally, we played an interesting version of monster hunt, invading the lair of a young Hydra. The dwarves, being the only "good" warband on the board, refused to align with anayone even aginst this threat. They started popping off long distance crossbow shots agaisnt the Orcs and Chaos warbands, while the Orcs and Skaven raced towards the Hydra. The Carnival went after the dwarves, but ended up getting shot to pieces. Meanwhile, the Skaven and Orcs assaulted the Hydra, so focused on their mission that they didn't bother bashing each other. The hapless dwarves looked on after seeing off the Carnival of Chaos, thinking it probably not wise to enter the lair of a Hydra which was already filled with two evil warbands.

A couple of quirks in the setup (i.e. the building design and the large monster base) meant that the young Hydra we were attacking ended up being slightly easier to kill than probably should have been the case. The Orcs and Skaven proved that even evil warbands can be practical, and decided to split the monster's treasure once it was dead.

In the end - a pretty good night of Mordheim action. The orcs did great and I'm happy so far with the decision to take the troll. Skaven did well also, as did Dwarves (although they were pretty upset about not getting involved in the Hydra hunt). Scott was a good sport as the dice were not with him at all. 90% of the hits on him ended up being critical hits! Even after starting a new warband in game 2, he did not fare too much better. Luckily for us, he played the NPC Hydra... and continued his rolling streak!

Oh well, better luck next time Scott... the dice gods are fickle and I feel a good night of rolling coming on for you soon.

See y'all soon,

SC

Sal
Young Blood

Back to top Go down

First Club games Empty Re: First Club games

Post  KingJames88 Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:44 pm

So is this the start to the ongoing campaign you announced at the store Sal? Glad to see some new warbands in the mix.

James
KingJames88
KingJames88
Sgt. at Arms

Back to top Go down

Post  Sal Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:20 am

Nope, this one is just for the club. We'll keep it going as long as we feel like it.
I don't have the time this year to host a weekly Mordheim campaign at the shop so I'm going to do it "tournament style" and make it a one-weekend event.

You going to join in?? C'mon!

Sal
Young Blood

Back to top Go down

Post  KingJames88 Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:40 am

I will be using my pirates again as I never finished the Outlaws warband I started, and it's been inspiration to work on my vampire counts army as well. It's hard for me to get out east certain times, but if I know in advance I should be able to make it most of the time. Is this campaign going to be the same as last year where you can play anyone you want at any time, and then just make your rolls in the presence of another person?

James
KingJames88
KingJames88
Sgt. at Arms

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain Kneeno Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:16 pm

Yes! New Grudges were added to a long list this night. That Damn Troll is #1! But the Dwarves will bide there time. For now, it is Crossbows, lots of them. And a cool, well balanced Axe.......
Captain Kneeno
Captain Kneeno
Young Blood

http://www.thefiendhouse.com

Back to top Go down

Post  KingJames88 Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:28 pm

I may have some free time this weekend, saturday and sunday as well possibly if anyone can make it to the store for a few mordheim games, I need to catch up before it's too late.
KingJames88
KingJames88
Sgt. at Arms

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down